Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Flash in Time

Extended Exposure By: Clarisa Quintero
Compared to last weeks project this weeks seemed way too easy. I thought it was going to be far more complex just because of the name itself but it turned out to be fairly easy. My favorite part is how all the lights some what come together as one and you don't see any cars at all. All you see are lights.

In order to capture an Extended Exposure photo I had to open up my photo in Photoshop, and figure out what section I wanted to capture for my reflection later on. I then copied that area and pasted it into a completely new layer. After doing so I went into my Edit/Transform/Flip Vertical which makes the newest layer turn upside down, giving it that sort of mirror look to the original. Lastly, I simply just positioned the reflection layer and lined it up against the original photo. Before you're finished you have to make sure you change your blend modes. To complete this all you have to do is go into your layer panel and go from normal to lighten. Once that is done you flatten your image and press save !


1 comment:

  1. I really like this photo! Good job at avoiding distracting street lights

    ReplyDelete